Develop revenue from assigned accounts that are competitively-held in large MSA markets, as well as developing new business.
- Develops/builds sales volume and revenue to a sustainable level within new accounts.
- Initial key contact with customer to develop and establish productive, collaborative relationships with customer decision-makers, influencing them by using consultative selling skills to discover, diagnose, and solidify their needs and propose/deliver world-class solutions.
- Proactively develops/maintains a personal network of Herman Miller “can do” allies to provide sales support to demonstrate design capabilities, schedule client trips, do product presentations, and develop facility strategy to achieve desired results.
- Maintains up-to-date client information, provides reports as requested.
- Actively participates, when appropriate, in team-based selling activities.
- Works strategically with business partners within Herman Miller North America and utilizes the current MSA Operating Agreements.
- Manages within assigned expense budget.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Develops revenue for the MSA/Region by identifying/securing project “wins” from New Business Development accounts.
- Pursues projects with existing/new accounts within the MSA/Region and manages projects from start to finish including formulation of a Sales Strategy for the account and coordination of necessary resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field; equivalent level of experience considered.
- Minimum five years of successful contract/capital goods selling experience in generating new business.
- Basic knowledge of Herman Miller products, services, and culture, as well as the ability to distinguish Herman Miller products/services from the competition.
- Advanced selling skills, e.g., qualify prospects, lead generation, new business development, account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation and contracts (closing).
- Must have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
- Exhibits professional attributes that include an assertive work style, projecting self-confidence, ability to represent Herman Miller in a professional manner, taking initiative to effectively manage own activities to deliver results and working with/through others to successfully win business.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, at all levels of the organization (e.g., “political savvy”) and able to build long-term relationships with customers/partners (particularly at senior decision-making levels within an organization).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication ability with strong emphasis on listening.
- Demonstrated high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn, and must be results-oriented (i.e., holding oneself accountable for results).
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Must be financially literate and possess business acumen.
- Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- Must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodation.
- Willingness/ability to travel as required.
- Five years of successful contract/capital goods selling experience in generating new business, additional Dealer sales experience preferred.
- Expertise within a Dealer environment with sales planning capabilities.
Intelligent Interiors, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Intelligent Interiors, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.